Fiber Optics FTIR systems take the IR signal from the FTIR spectrometer to the sample rather than requiring the sample to be taken to the FTIR spectrometer. It is often not possible or convenient to take the sample to the FTIR spectrometer.
Some examples of IR fiber optics applications:
- Art museum restoration identification
- Liquid process monitoring
- High pressure (100 bar) catalytic chemical reaction monitoring
- Surface analysis looking at surface chemistry
- Thickness measurements
- Residual pharmaceutical mixing tank cleanliness assurance.
Fiber optics systems configured for liquid monitoring